Administrative and Personal Assistant
Reports To: Aurora Levins Morales
Provide administrative support for professional writer with neurodiversity challenges. Requires excellent personal communication skills, social media aptitude, and strong organizational abilities to manage both details and overview of multiple kinds of information, and co-create systems to simplify administrative needs. Must be tech savvy enough to troubleshoot systems with help of tech support. Desktop publishing skills a plus.
Hours: 10 hours/week, on your own schedule.
Independent Contractor position.
This is a telecommuting job, but requires being available to make calls during normal business hours in California.
- Highly reliable, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Personal orientation to organization, systems and method creation.
- Clear, direct and timely communication.
- Technology and social media skills.
- Skilled balance between taking direction and taking initiative.
- Disability awareness and willingness to adapt to neurodiversity access needs, experience a plus. Includes patience with Aurora’s process and ability to match her pacing.
- Basic desktop publishing skills.
- Familiarity with Filemaker, CreateSpace, Google Drive, Dropbox, Workflowy, Asana, Facebook, Instagram, Paypal, Patreon, Mailchimp, Evernote and other adaptive technology a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend weekly calls with Aurora to determine priorities and strategic direction of work.
- Maintain Workflowy system for tracking tasks, questions, and communication with Aurora each day worked.
- Communicate with companies/agencies/offices to handle billing, scheduling, necessary forms and documentation, and other administrative details.
- Co-create and maintain systems for storing and accessing information and tracking necessary maintenance, document filings, and non-automated payments to anticipate upcoming requirements so they’re handled in a timely way.
- Research, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain software and web based tools as needed.
- Locate and secure home maintenance services.
- Be available as a sounding board for Aurora to brainstorm and problem-solve with. This includes being able to listen to her frustration, and provide support to clarify needs and next steps.
- Facilitate accessible travel for speaking engagements, communicating with sponsors about housing, food, transport and other access related issues.
- Support and implement a variety of strategies for increasing Aurora’s income:
- Direct Patreon Campaigns in collaboration with a team.
- Strategize fundraising and income-building plans.
- Support a more systematized social media presence and increased visibility.
We will be collecting applications through May 1, 2018, We will interview selected applicants during the first week of May and make a decision by May 7.